When I wanted to get headtracking with my Skyzone SKY-01, I thought it would be as easy as plug & play. But it's not.
I found a lot of partial information over the internet, and wanted to share with a more complete version.
The configuration has to be done:
- on the Skyzone Goggles AND
- on your Futaba transmitter
Note that I'm using the following setup on my TBS Discovery:
- DJI Naza-m V2
- Zenmuse H3-2D with GoPro Hero4 Silver (no
We begin with the goggles. By default, they use
channel 5 for
channel 6 for
To change this setting:
- Press and Hold Button "TRACK", then connect power to enter Head Tracker Setup Menu (Release as soon as beep). Head Tracker beeps indicating the current PPM Channel. See details below.
- Short Press "TRACK" Button to select different PPM Channels
Here are the Beep PPM Channel:
- 1 short beep Pan CH5, Tilt CH6 (Factory default)
- 2 short beep Pan CH5, Tilt CH7
- 3 short beep Pan CH5, Tilt CH8
- 4 short beep Pan CH6, Tilt CH7
- 5 short beep Pan CH6, Tilt CH8
- 6 short beep Pan CH7, Tilt CH8
In my case, I wanted to use
channel 8, so 5 and 6 beeps are both valid options.
You can now unplugged the power cable.
Your goggles are now configured!
This was the tricky part for me. But now I can explain you how to do.
- Long Press on
- Go to third screen
- TRAINER master must be set to
- Every channel can be turned
OFF, except channel
8:AU2, which needs to be set to
FNC. It will be used to the Skyzone tilt.
Now go to
- Create a new mix on the first slot
AU2(we take the tilt
GER(we route it to the GER,
SwH(it is the Trainer Switch of the Futaba T8J)
DOWN(when switch will be down, headtracking will be enabled)
To enable your headtracker, you have to push the
H switch. This switch cannot be blocked in the active position without a trick (see bellow).
When you active this switch, you can move your head up and down and your gimbal will follow.
Note that you have a
TRACK button on your goggles. It allows you to reset the center position with a short press.